This past week has been great- we learned a lot more about the programs TbT runs in the three different areas. On Thursday we finally got out of the house and went repelling on a beautiful mountain on the outskirts of Kathmandu. (pics are on the other page)
Today the group I will be living with in Kalimati decided that it would be nice to get out of the city for a day and to get to know each other so we went on a great hike. We ended up at a monastery and got to sit in on a Buddhist service. It was really cloudy so the pics didn't come out too well but it was an amazing view.
Right now I am attempting to pack but its really not working (we all know how great of a packer I am....) On the one hand I look at my shelves every day and think "wow I have absolutely nothing" but on the other hand I have no room in my suitcase..... Can't wait to start volunteering- its been real, be back in a couple weeks
No comments:
Post a Comment