In April the Village closed for vacation and I was lucky enough to fly back to NY for an amazing wedding and to see my family. After spending a few weeks at home I went to Istanbul for 4 days on my own. Traveling alone is a lot more fun then I thought it would be- I loved doing what I wanted when I wanted to. I saw all of the touristy sites, took a cooking class, met some really nice people and ate some great Turkish food. After Turkey I went to Israel for Passover and I am finally back in Rwanda for the start of what will be a long but fulfilling 2nd term.
All of this traveling has made me an expert on Turkish Airlines- 6 flights since March 19, 38 hours of flying, my own row on all 6 flights, Avatar, all 3 Lord of the Rings, all 3 Transformers, Mr. Popper’s Penguins, Frozen (saw that one twice) and Ms. Congeniality. I definitely need a break from flying for awhile.
Pictures are much more interesting then what I have to say so here we go!
All of this traveling has made me an expert on Turkish Airlines- 6 flights since March 19, 38 hours of flying, my own row on all 6 flights, Avatar, all 3 Lord of the Rings, all 3 Transformers, Mr. Popper’s Penguins, Frozen (saw that one twice) and Ms. Congeniality. I definitely need a break from flying for awhile.
Pictures are much more interesting then what I have to say so here we go!
| Dolmabahce Palace- most amazingly rich place I have ever seen. Chandeliers, crystals, diamonds. Unfortunately photography was not allowed but the gardens were beautiful |
|
|
|
|
The Blue Mosque- a historic mosque in the old city of Istanbul, I loved the columns and blue tiles that gave it its name
Hagia Sophia- former Greet Orthodox basilica, then an imperial mosque, and now a museum








No comments:
Post a Comment